Greetings, Pronouns, and Basic Conversation Practice
- 0702V Papani Pronouns #1: Au, ʻOe, ʻO ia
- This lesson shows you the first three pronouns (papani) in Hawaiian, those being “I”, “you”, and “he” or “she”. You will learn how to properly pronounce them and about the three common variations in pronunciation of the first person singular pronoun “au” (“wau”).
- 0703V Papani Pronouns #2: Kāua and Māua
- This lesson continues on from 0702V. The video will teach you about the important Polynesian idea of “inclusivity” versus “exclusivity” used when talking to people. You will learn the first two of these types of pronouns: kāua and māua.
- 0716E Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Hawaiian
- Learn how to use mele kalikimaka and hauoli makahiki hou in Hawaiian for Christmas and New Years greetings.