Nā Puke Heluhelu: Books in the Hawaiian Language
This section contains books and excerpts from books written in the Hawaiian language, with a focus on books written from the 1820s until around 1910.
Every book is divided by chapter and has audio files available for members which allow you to listen to how the Hawaiian should sound. The audio readings are available in beginner, intermediate, and fluent levels so you can listen to, and practice reading back, at your level!
Some books have analysis and exploration articles associated with them; each chapter is also available for download as a PDF for members. Reading comprehension quizzes are planned around each chapter for some point in the future.
Be sure to download the audio files and put them on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or other similar device so you can listen to it whenever and wherever you please!
- 3401B He Moʻolelo Pōkole: Introduction
- Learn about out presentation of a Hawaiian journal written about Hawaiian royalty on a journey to England in 1887.
- 3401B He Moʻolelo Pōkole #1
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced audiobook readings and translation of the first part of a Hawaiian journal written about Hawaiian royalty on a journey to England in 1887.
- 3401B He Moʻolelo Pōkole #2
- Continue your enjoyment of a Hawaiian journal written about Hawaiian royalty on a journey to England in 1887; with accompanying text and audio files.